On our new web platform, we’re able to offer bulk discounts! Lots of you have been asking for this and it was one of the factors in selecting the ecommerce platform we did. We’re offering bulk discounts on four product categories: beads, fabric, rhinestone banding, and stickers.
- Discount only applies to the items in the categories listed. This is not an overall cart discount.
- Bulk discount is automatically applied to your cart. There are no coupon codes to enter.
- Items must be from the same category to trigger the discount. For example: you must have 10 hanks of beads in your cart to get the bead discount. 8 hanks of beads and 2 stickers will NOT trigger the discount.
- Sets and kits will only count as one item.
- Bulk discounts are applicable on the order level. Previous orders won’t count toward the quantity tiers.
Scroll down to see the answers to other frequent questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you offer a discount?
Large orders cost less for us to process. We pay a per transaction fee on payments and shipments, so if one large order costs us less to process then two small orders. We’re able to pass that savings along to customers through a bulk discount. We hope this encourages you to place larger orders.
How long will this offer continue?
We plan to offer these bulk discounts for the foreseeable future. If we have to make changes, we’ll let customers know.
Why can’t I combine items from different categories?
Different product categories have different profit margins and labor costs associated with them. The way the bulk discounts are structured, it won’t work for us to offer a store-wide tier discount.
Why isn’t this across all items in your store?
Please see above. Also, we sell beadwork and Indigenous art, which we don’t generally mark down, as we feel it devalues the artists’ labor.
Why didn’t you do this before?
We offered a version of this on one of the previous versions of our website. When we switched platforms in 2020, we weren’t able to bring over the bulk discounts. The newest platform, which we moved to in September 2021 does allow tiered bulk discounts, so we implemented this right away.